Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect
Examples of other non-personally identifiable information that the Website collects automatically include:
- Your internet protocol ("IP") address;
- Your internet browser information;
- Your computer’s operating system; and
- Your navigation path while using the Website.
In addition to the information that we collect automatically, we may also collect information that you provide to us.
Examples of personally identifiable information that you provide to us include:
- Information collected as part of your registration for an account to use any and all services provided by School Pictures, Inc. through the Website, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, credit card information, home address, etc.;
- Information submitted by you as part of your use of any and all services provided by School Pictures, Inc. through the Website, including, but not limited to, names, email addresses, telephone numbers, home addresses, photographs, etc. of individuals that may be included in any product created by you through the Website; and
- Your communications to us.
The Way We Use Your Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To contact you regarding your use any and all services provided by School Pictures, Inc. through the Website;
- To personalize your experience on the Website (your information helps us better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve the Website (we continually strive to improve Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To ensure your customer satisfaction and to provide you with the convenience of easy access to the services you request;
- To process specific inquiries that you make of us;
- To send promotional emails and other updates to you; and
- For other marketing purposes, such as to alert you to other School Pictures, Inc. services or that may be of interest to you.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We respect your right to privacy and will follow all applicable laws and regulations concerning the release of your personal information. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-parties, including, but not limited to, third-party intermediaries (i.e., credit card authorization companies, merchandise distributors, vendors processing our outbound email communications, etc.) who help us run the Website.
The information that you provide to School Pictures, Inc. in connection with your use any and all services provided by School Pictures, Inc. through the Website will be held in strict confidence and will be used solely for the purpose of providing the services you request at the time you request them.
We may also disclose the information that we collect under other circumstances, as permitted or required by law. We may also provide the information that we collect from you to outside companies selected by School Pictures, Inc. so they can advise you of their products and/or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want School Pictures, Inc. to share your information with these selected outside companies, please contact email@example.com .
Users may opt out of receiving such promotional electronic mailings from School Pictures, Inc., or other third-parties, by following the unsubscribe feature contained within the mailing. Please be aware that any limitations that you may place on the disclosure of your personal information may restrict your ability to use the Website in its entirety.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect online, we have put appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures into place to safeguard and secure that information, including SSL – a specialized encryption and security technology. This ensures that your information is safe, secure, and available only to the employees of School Pictures, Inc. and/or to other authorized users, as determined by School Pictures, Inc. in accordance with commercially reasonable standards.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children under the age of 13 is especially important to us. For that reason, we never knowingly collect or maintain information on or through our Website from users related to children under the age of 13 without first ensuring that appropriate parental permission has been obtained by the individual who seeks to upload personally identifiable information related to children to the Website.
Additionally, School Pictures, Inc. will not require a child under the age of 13 who, with parental permission, chooses to use the services provided through the Website to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the service. Parents of children under the age of 13 can review their child’s personal information, direct School Pictures, Inc. to delete it and/or refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . Further, while parents may agree to the collection and use of their child’s information, they may prohibit the disclosure of their child’s information to third parties by contacting email@example.com .
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Once you deliver your personal information to us, it is stored in our internal secured system. We make every effort to provide you with access to your personal information in order to either correct this information, if it is inaccurate, or to delete such information at your request. If you wish to access and/or change the personal information that you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by accessing your account. You may also cancel your account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. If you do choose to cancel your account, the information that you have previously provided to School Pictures, Inc. may not be available to you should you choose to reactivate your account at a later date.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links on this Website to third party websites that we do not own or operate. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy and other policies and/or terms. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of this Website and welcome any feedback you may have about these sites.
How to Contact Us
This policy was last revised on 11/6/2013 and is effective as of that date.